Rabbi habli minas saliheen dua is among the supplications of Prophet Ibrahim, peace be upon him, where he asked Allah to grant him a righteous son, after he asked for righteousness for himself.
Rabbi Habli Minas Saliheen Dua In Arabic
Here is how to write this supplication in Arabic.
رَبِّ هَبْ لِى مِنَ ٱلصَّـٰلِحِينَ
Rabbi Habli Minas Saliheen Meaning
The meaning of Rabbi habli minas salihin is My Lord, grant me a righteous son.
Here is the pronunciation of this dua.
Righteousness is the best of traits, the loftiest of them, and the most honorable stations for those who walk to Allah, so whoever attains it will have peace of mind and his affairs in this world, and his outcome will be good in the hereafter.
A righteous child is one of the greatest blessings, the most pleasant of the eyes, and the most beloved of desire.
Success in the Hereafter can be attained only with righteousness.
Asking Allah for the righteousness of offspring includes asking Allah for the health of the body, character, and religion to be sound.
It is one of the greatest blessings that every righteous servant desires.
Rabbi habli which means, My Lord, grant me is a statement that shows getting a righteous child is Allah’s gift and favor.
And the gift of Allah is a gift without compensation or price, so the gift from Him, the Almighty, is pure perfection.
You ask for the righteous because some offspring are a cause of anxiety and depression to their parents.
Ibn Jarir al-Tabari, may Allah have mercy on him, said:
He says: O Lord, grant me a son from you who will be among the righteous who obey you, and do not disobey you, and make peace in the land, and do not corrupt it.
The great benefit of righteous child to the parents is in the two homes, in this world they obey them, serve them, and after their death, they pray for them.
Abu Hurairah reported: The Messenger of Allah SAW said,
When a man dies, his deeds come to an end except for three things: Sadaqah Jariyah (ceaseless charity); a knowledge which is beneficial, or a virtuous decendant who prays for him (for the deceased).Muslim
Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with them, also narrated that:
Allah’s Messenger said: “Qintar is twelve thousand ‘Uqiyah, each ‘Uqiyah of which is better than what is between heaven and earth.” And the Messenger of Allah SAW said:
A man will be raised in status in Paradise and will say: ‘Where did this come from?’ And it will be said: ‘From your son’s praying for forgiveness for you.’Sunan Ibn Majah 3660
Rabbi Habli Minas Saliheen In Quran
This beautiful dua is found in Surah As Saffat, chapter 37th of the Quran and the Ayat number is verse 100.
When prophet Ibrahim (Abraham) despaired of his people and did not see anything good in them; he asked Allah to grant him a righteous son, by means of whom Allah would benefit him during his lifetime and after his death.
Allah answered his prayer, as He says: So We gave the glad tidings of a forbearing son.
This was undoubtedly Isma‘eel because when Allah mentioned the glad tidings of Is-haq, He mentioned his son Ya‘qoob after him:
Verily, I am going to my Lord. He will guide me! My Lord! Grant me (offspring) from the righteous.
Obedient children, in compensation for his people and relatives whom he had left.
Benefits Of Rabbi Habli Minas Saliheen
- Every human being, even if his rank is exalted, is in need of Allah, the Mighty and Sublime, and he is in need of someone who will suffice him.
- The importance of righteousness, and that it is coveted, and the hope of all the prophets, messengers and righteous people to be righteous. So the servant should ask good for himself, his family, his offspring, and all Muslims.
- When you ask Allah for offspring, you should focus and restrict it to righteous child.
- The importance of tawassul to Allah when supplicating with His Most Beautiful Names, as well as with His Most Sublime attributes, including (the gift) which is derived from His Almighty name (Al-Wahhab).
- You should do a lot supplications for your children righteousness. Because righteous offspring are from the effects of the righteous servant, as in the supplication of Abraham and Ismail, peace be upon them.
- You should choose the best words and beautiful meanings while you are supplicating to your Lord.
- Good offspring are purely a gift from God Almighty, so whoever is given them should thank God Almighty for them a lot.
- One of the greatest reasons for gifting a righteous child is supplication.
- It is good for the one who is praying to mention some of the good things that he wishes for when he is asked.
- The importance of supplication in the life of the believer.
Undoubtedly, a righteous child is a great blessing from Allah (SWT). Every parent wishes to have a child who will help them in their work, spend quality time with them, and pray for their forgiveness after their death.