Surah Inshiqaq Transliteration, Arabic, And Translation In English
Surah Inshiqaq which means The Sundering or Splitting Open in English is the 84th chapter of the Qur’an, with 25 verses.
It mentions details of the Day of Judgment when, according to this chapter, everyone will receive reckoning over their deeds in this world.
About Surah Al Inshiqaq
|Place of revelation||Makkah|
|Name Meaning||The Rending Asunder, The Sundering, |
Splitting Open, The Splitting Asunder
|Number of verses||25 verses|
|Surah before||Surah Mutattifeen|
|Surah after||Surah Buruj|
Surah Inshiqaq In Arabic
- بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
- 1. إِذَا السَّمَاءُ انْشَقَّتْ
- 2. وَأَذِنَتْ لِرَبِّهَا وَحُقَّتْ
- 3. وَإِذَا الْأَرْضُ مُدَّتْ
- 4. وَأَلْقَتْ مَا فِيهَا وَتَخَلَّتْ
- 5. وَأَذِنَتْ لِرَبِّهَا وَحُقَّتْ
- 6. يَا أَيُّهَا الْإِنْسَانُ إِنَّكَ كَادِحٌ إِلَىٰ رَبِّكَ كَدْحًا فَمُلَاقِيهِ
- 7. فَأَمَّا مَنْ أُوتِيَ كِتَابَهُ بِيَمِينِهِ
- 8. فَسَوْفَ يُحَاسَبُ حِسَابًا يَسِيرًا
- 9. وَيَنْقَلِبُ إِلَىٰ أَهْلِهِ مَسْرُورًا
- 10. وَأَمَّا مَنْ أُوتِيَ كِتَابَهُ وَرَاءَ ظَهْرِهِ
- 11. فَسَوْفَ يَدْعُو ثُبُورًا
- 12. وَيَصْلَىٰ سَعِيرًا
- 13. إِنَّهُ كَانَ فِي أَهْلِهِ مَسْرُورًا
- 14. إِنَّهُ ظَنَّ أَنْ لَنْ يَحُورَ
- 15. بَلَىٰ إِنَّ رَبَّهُ كَانَ بِهِ بَصِيرًا
- 16. فَلَا أُقْسِمُ بِالشَّفَقِ
- 17. وَاللَّيْلِ وَمَا وَسَقَ
- 18. وَالْقَمَرِ إِذَا اتَّسَقَ
- 19. لَتَرْكَبُنَّ طَبَقًا عَنْ طَبَقٍ
- 20. فَمَا لَهُمْ لَا يُؤْمِنُونَ
- 21. وَإِذَا قُرِئَ عَلَيْهِمُ الْقُرْآنُ لَا يَسْجُدُونَ ۩
- 22. بَلِ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا يُكَذِّبُونَ
- 23. وَاللَّهُ أَعْلَمُ بِمَا يُوعُونَ
- 24. فَبَشِّرْهُمْ بِعَذَابٍ أَلِيمٍ
- 25. إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ لَهُمْ أَجْرٌ غَيْرُ مَمْنُونٍ
Surah Al Inshiqaq Transliteration
- Izas samaaa’un shaqqat
- Wa azinat li Rabbihaa wa huqqat
- Wa izal ardu muddat
- Wa alqat maa feehaa wa takhallat
- Wa azinat li Rabbihaa wa huqqat
- Yaaa ayyuhal insaanu innaka kaadihun ilaa Rabbika kad han famulaaqeeh
- Fa ammaa man ootiya kitaabahoo biyameenih
- Fasawfa yuhaasab hisaabany yaseeraa
- Wa yanqalibu ilaaa ahlihee masrooraa
- Wa ammaa man ootiya kitaabahoo waraaa’a zahrih
- Fasawfa yad’oo thubooraa
- Wa yaslaa sa’eeraa
- Innahoo kaana feee ahlihee masrooraa
- Innahoo zanna an lany yahoor
- Balaaa inna Rabbahoo kaana bihee baseeraa
- Falaaa uqsimu bishshafaq
- Wallaili wa maa wasaq
- Walqamari izat tasaq
- Latarkabunna tabaqan ‘an tabaq
- Famaa lahum laa yu’minoon
- Wa izaa quri’a ‘alaihimul Quraanu laa yasjudoon (make sajda)
- Balil lazeena kafaroo yukazziboon
- Wallaahu a’lamu bimaa yoo’oon
- Fabashshirhum bi’azaabin aleem
- Illal lazeena aamanoo wa ‘amilus saalihaati lahum ajrun ghairu mamnoon.
Surah Inshiqaq Translation In English
- 1. When the heaven is rent asunder,
- 2. and hearkens unto its Lord, as in truth it must,
- 3. and when the earth is levelled,
- 4. and casts forth all that it contains, and becomes empty,
- 5. and hearkens unto its Lord, as in truth it must,
- 6. then, O man who toils constantly until you meet your Lord, you will surely see the outcome of your deeds.
- 7. As for the one who is given his record of deeds in his right hand,
- 8. he will have an easy reckoning,
- 9. and he will go back to his family [in paradise] rejoicing.
- 10. As for the one who is given his record of deeds from behind his back,
- 11. he will call out [wishing] for death,
- 12. and he will enter the raging fire.
- 13. He lived rejoicing among his family;
- 14. indeed he thought that he would never return [to his Lord].
- 15. Nay [he will indeed return to Him], for His Lord was always watching him.
- 16. Verily I swear by the twilight,
- 17. and by the night and what it brings together,
- 18. and by the moon when it is full,
- 19. you will surely progress from stage to stage.
- 20. Then what is the matter with them, that they do not believe
- 21. and when the Qur’an is recited to them they do not prostrate [to Allah]?
- 22. Rather those who disbelieve insist on rejecting the Qur’an,
- 23. but Allah knows best what they harbour in their hearts of ill feelings.
- 24. So give them the tidings of a painful punishment.
- 25. But those who believe and do righteous deeds will have a never- ending reward.
Surah Inshiqaq Full Image
Here is the full images of surah Al Inshiqaq
Meaning And Tafsir Of Surah Al Inshiqaq
In this Surah, Allah explains what will happen on the Day of Resurrection of changes to mighty heavenly bodies:
When the heaven is rent asunder that is, when it splits apart, its stars and other heavenly bodies are scattered, and the sun and moon cease to shine and hearkens unto its Lord that is, it heeds His command and listens out for what He will say.
And in truth it must do so, for it is subjugated and under the control of a mighty Sovereign Whose command is not to be disobeyed and Whose rule is not to be opposed.
And when the earth is levelled that is, it will be shaken and its mountains will be scattered away;
All structures or landmarks will be made to tumble down, and Allah will spread it out like a leather mat, until it becomes very wide and spacious in order to accommodate all those who will stand before Him, despite their huge numbers.
Thus it will become a smooth, levelled plain, in which you will see no depression or elevation.
And casts forth all that it contains of the dead, and of treasures and becomes empty.
The Trumpet will be sounded and the dead will come forth from their graves to the surface of the earth.
The earth will bring forth its treasures, until they become like great columns which people will see and will regret what they used to compete for.
And hearkens unto its Lord, as in truth it must, then, O man who toils constantly until you meet your Lord that is, you are toiling, doing good or bad deeds, until you meet your Lord, then on the Day of Resurrection Allah will certainly requite you on the basis of grace if you are among the blessed, or on the basis of justice if you are among the doomed.
Hence He mentions the details of the requital: As for the one who is given his record of deeds in his right hand this refers to the blessed.
He will have an easy reckoning which will be an easy discussion of his deeds before Allah; Allah will make him admit his sins until, when he thinks that he is doomed, Allah will say to him:
I concealed them for you in the previous world and I will conceal them for you today. (Bukhari)
And he will go back to his family [in paradise] rejoicing because he has been saved from punishment and has attained reward.
As for the one who is given his record of deeds from behind his back that is, in his left hand from behind, he will call out [wishing] for death because of disgrace and shame, and what he will find in his record of deeds that he sent forth and did not repent from.
And he will enter the raging fire that is, the raging fire will surround him on all sides, and he will suffer different kinds of punishment there.
That is because in this world, he lived rejoicing among his family, and the resurrection never crossed his mind.
He did evil deeds and never thought that he would be brought back to his Lord and would be made to stand before Him.
Nay [he will indeed return to Him], for His Lord was always watching him, so it is not appropriate for Allah to leave him without purpose, with no commands or prohibitions, and no reward or punishment.
Here Allah swears by the signs of the night; He swears by the twilight, which is the remnant of sunlight that signals the onset of night.
And by the night and what it brings together of animals and other things.
And by the moon when it is full that is, when the light of the moon is at its brightest, when it is full.
That is when it is at its most beautiful and is of the greatest benefit. What is attested to by this oath is:
you, O humankind will surely progress from stage to stage that is, you will pass through several stages, from a sperm drop to a clinging clot, to a lump of flesh, until the soul is breathed into the developing foetus.
Then he becomes an infant and child, then reaches the age of discernment, then he becomes accountable and subject to commands and prohibitions.
Then after that he dies, then he will be resurrected and requited for his deeds.
These various stages that the human being goes through indicate that Allah alone is deserving of worship, is to be affirmed as One and is in control of His slaves by His wisdom and mercy, and that the human being is in need and is helpless, subject to the control of the Almighty, Most Merciful.
Yet despite that many people do not believe, ((and when the Qur’an is recited to them they do not prostrate [to Allah that is, they do not submit to the Qur’an or comply with its commands and prohibitions.
Rather those who disbelieve insist on rejecting the Qur’an that is, they stubbornly rejected the truth after it has become clear, so it should come as no surprise that they do not believe and do not submit to the Qur’an, for the one who stubbornly rejects the truth is a hopeless case.
But Allah knows best what they harbour in their hearts of ill feelings that is, what they do and intend in secret, for Allah knows what they conceal in their hearts and what they do openly, and He will requite them for their deeds. Hence He says:
So give them the tidings of a painful punishment the word translated here as ‘giving tidings’ (basharah) reflects the fact that tidings have an effect on the skin (basharah), showing either happiness or distress.
This is how most people are: they reject the Qur’an and do not believe in it.
But among humankind are some whom Allah has guided, so they believe in Allah and accept what the Messengers brought; they believe and do righteous deeds.
It is they who will have a never-ending reward that is, one that will never cease; rather it is an eternal reward, such as no eye has seen, no ear has heard, nor has it ever crossed the mind of man.
This is the end of the commentary on Surah al-Inshiqaq.
All praise and thanks are for Allah, and may the blessings and peace of Allah he upon Prophet Muhammad, his family, and his Companions abundantly until the Day of Judgement.