Allahumma Inni As Aluka Hubbaka is one of the powerful supplications. This is one of the beautiful supplications you should stick to.
Allahumma Inni As Aluka Hubbaka Meaning In English
Allahumma Inni As Aluka Hubbak means O Allah, indeed, I ask You for Your love and the love of those who love You, and for the action that will cause me to attain Your love, O Allah, make Your love more beloved to me than myself, my family and cold water.
Allahumma Inni As Aluka Hubbaka In Arabic Text
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ حُبَّكَ وَحُبَّ مَنْ يُحِبُّكَ وَالْعَمَلَ الَّذِي يُبَلِّغُنِي حُبَّكَ اللَّهُمَّ اجْعَلْ حُبَّكَ أَحَبَّ إِلَىَّ مِنْ نَفْسِي وَأَهْلِي وَمِنَ الْمَاءِ الْبَارِدِ
Allahumma inni As’aluka Hubbaka Wa Hubba Man Yuhibbuka Wal Amal al-lazi Yuballighuni Hubbak. Allahummaj`Al Hubbaka Ahabba ilaiyya Min Nafsi, Wa Ahli Wa Min al-Ma’il-Barid.
Allahumma Inni As Aluka Hubbaka Hadith
Abud-Darda’ (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said, “One of Prophet Dawud’s supplications was:
‘Allahumma inni as’aluka hubbaka, wa hubba man yuhibbuka, wal amalalladhi yuballighuni hubbaka. Allahumm-aj’al hubbaka ahabba ilayya min nafsi, wa ahli, wa minal-ma’il-baridi.
Meaning: O Allah! I ask You for Your Love, the love of those who love You, and deeds which will cause me to attain Your Love. O Allah! Make Your Love dearer to me than myself, my family and the cold water.
One of such supplication is reported from Dawud (Alayhi salam):
O Allah! I ask You for Your Love and the love of those who love You, and make me attain deeds that will make me closer to Your love.
“Allahumma inni as’aluka hubbaka wa hubba man yuhibbuka wal amalalladhi yuqarribuni ilaa hubbik
This is also one of the important supplications.
When Allah, the Mighty and Sublime, loves you and you love those whom Allah loves, you will be among the intimate friends of Allah- the Mighty and Sublime.
So also is when you love those actions that Allah loves. This is also one of the supplications one should stick to. Verily the love of Allah is the goal as stated by Allah:
Say (O Muhammad to mankind): If you (really) love Allah, then follow me (i.e. accept Islamic Monotheism, follow the Qur’an and Sunnah). Allah will love you and forgive you your sins.”Surah Al Imran; 31
Read similar duas:
- Allahumma Antas Salam Wa Minkas Salam Tabarakta,
- Allahumma Inni As Aluka Al Afiyah and
- Allahumma Alimul Ghaibi Wa Shahada Meaning.
Here’s break down of the beautiful dua, explaining its components and their significance:
- The Opening Address: The dua begins with “O Allah,” which is an invocation, a way of addressing the Almighty, emphasizing the direct and personal connection between the supplicant and their Creator.
- Request for Love: “I ask You for Your love” – In this part of the dua, the supplicant is seeking the love of Allah, the most profound and purest form of love that can guide and protect them.
- Request for the Love of the Beloved: “and the love of those who love You” – Here, the supplicant is not only seeking Allah’s love but also the love of those who are close to Him. This reflects the desire to be surrounded by people who share the same love for Allah and can be positive influences.
- Request for the Righteous Actions: “and for the action that will cause me to attain Your love” – This part highlights the importance of righteous deeds and actions that lead to earning Allah’s love. It emphasizes that love is not just a feeling but a consequence of virtuous acts.
- Prioritizing Allah’s Love: “O Allah, make Your love more beloved to me than myself” – This phrase underscores the supplicant’s desire to prioritize the love of Allah above all else, even above self-love. It reflects the selflessness and devotion of the person making the dua.
Here’s a list of the potential benefits of reciting the dua:
- Seeking Allah Love: The primary benefit of this dua is the supplicant’s earnest request for Allah’s love. Developing a deep and genuine love for the Creator can bring immense spiritual fulfillment and inner peace.
- Connection with Righteous Individuals: By asking for the love of those who love Allah, the supplicant may be blessed with the companionship of virtuous and pious individuals, which can serve as a source of guidance and moral support.
- Guidance Through Righteous Actions: The dua emphasizes seeking actions that lead to Allah’s love. This encourages the supplicant to engage in righteous deeds and acts of worship, which can provide them with a sense of purpose and moral direction in life.
- Selflessness and Humility: The request to prioritize Allah’s love over self-love, family, and even basic needs promotes selflessness and humility. It encourages the supplicant to put the Creator’s will and love before personal desires.
- Spiritual Growth: By making this supplication a part of one’s daily spiritual routine, an individual can experience gradual spiritual growth and a deepening of their relationship with Allah.
- Focus on the Spiritual Aspect of Life: This dua reminds the supplicant of the importance of the spiritual dimension of life, encouraging them to prioritize their relationship with Allah over materialistic concerns.
- Reflection and Self-Examination: Regularly reciting this dua can lead to self-reflection as one assesses the sincerity of their love for Allah and the extent to which they prioritize it over worldly matters.
- Cultivating Contentment: Through seeking Allah’s love, individuals may experience a profound sense of contentment and inner peace, even in the face of life’s challenges.
- Enhanced Family and Community Relations: While the dua asks for Allah’s love to be dearer than one’s family, it can also lead to improved relationships with family members by promoting values of kindness, compassion, and righteousness.
- Safeguarding Against Negative Influences: Seeking the love of those who love Allah can protect the supplicant from negative influences and temptations, as they are drawn towards virtuous company.
Hadith On When Allah Loves A Person
Abu Huraira reported:
The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “When Allah loves a servant, he calls angel Jibreel and he says:
Verily, I love this person so you should love him.
Then angel Jibreel loves him and makes an announcement in the heavens, saying: Allah loves this person and you should love him. Thus, the dwellers of the heavens love him and he is honored on the earth.”
In another narration, the Prophet said,
“When Allah is angry with a servant, he calls Gabriel and he says: I resent this person, so you should resent him.
Then Gabriel resents him and makes an announcement in the heavens, saying: Verily, Allah resents this person, so you should resent him. Thus, they become resentful with him and he is hated on the earth.”
Source: Sahih al-Bukhari 3037, Sahih Muslim 2637
Grade: Muttafaqun Alayhi (authenticity agreed upon) according to Al-Bukhari and Muslim.
Also, The Prophet SAW said,
“Truly, Allah loves the servant of His who is righteous, content, and unknown.”
Be conscious of Allah; be happy with what you have; don’t desire fame or attention, & you shall be successful.
Allah alone grants success.