Allahumma inni a’uzu bika min zawali is a short Dua for protection from deprivation of Allah’s bounties. The post will help you understand and learn the meaning of this amazing invocation.
Allahumma Inni A’uzu Bika Min Zawali Meaning In English
Allahumma Inni A’uzu Bika means O Allah, I seek refuge in you from a decline in your blessings, a change in the wellness you have provided, a sudden act of your vengeance, and all things displeasing to you.
Allahumma Inni A’uzu Bika Min Zawali In Arabic
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ زَوَالِ نِعْمَتِكَ وَتَحَوُّلِ عَافِيَتِكَ وَفُجَاءَةِ نِقْمَتِكَ وَجَمِيعِ سَخَطِكَ
The dua is transliterated as Allahumma inni a’udhu bika min zawali ni’matika, wa tahawwuli ‘afiyatika, wa fuja’ati niqmatika, wajami’i sakhatika.
Hadith On Allahumma Inni A’uzu Bika
Abdullah ibn Umar reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, would supplicate, saying, “O Allah, I seek refuge in you from a decline in your blessings, a change in the wellness you have provided, a sudden act of your vengeance, and all things displeasing to you.”
Source: Sahih Muslim 2739
O Allah, I seek refuge in you from a decline in your blessings means O Allah, I seek protection in you from the departure of the gifts that you have given me, the boons what you have bestowed upon me.
Allah gives up gifts, sometimes he takes it away. You say O Allah, don’t take away my gifts. Don’t take away what you’ve given me, what you’ve bestowed upon me.
O Allah, I seek your protection from the gifts you’ve bestowed upon us being taken away.
What Is The Ni’ima?
Your Iman, Islam, your wealth, your health, your family, whatever else Allah has given you is ni’ima.
A lot of us are guilty of not asking Allah for protection from taking all that away. It’s sad. So Allah subhanahu wata’ala is telling us through the blessed lips of Muhammad SAW to call out to him, to say, O Allah, I seek your protection from taking away these gifts that you’ve bestowed upon me.
A change in the wellness you have provided means the turning of the affair that you’ve given me, the good health that you’ve given me, the purity that you’ve given me, the chastity that you’ve given me.
Whatever goodness you’ve given me, O Allah, don’t let it turn around. Things can happen suddenly. And that’s why the last part of the Hadith says,
O Allah, don’t let the retribution come suddenly. You do a bad deed, you want a little bit of time to repent to Allah. You don’t want the punishment to descend immediately. So you ask Allah to delay a little bit, meaning don’t let the retribution should come instantly.
May Allah never take away the goodness that he has bestowed upon us. May Allah subhanahu wata’ala never, ever punish us immediately upon the sin that we commit. But rather, may he give us time to repent.
May we be from among those who repent.
1. Seeking Protection: The dua begins with a heartfelt plea to Allah, the Most Merciful and Compassionate, seeking refuge and protection. This shows the believer’s humility and recognition of their dependence on Allah.
2. Decline in Blessings: The first aspect of protection requested in the dua is from a decline in Allah’s blessings. This signifies the fear of losing the many blessings and favors that Allah bestows upon us, such as health, wealth, and happiness.
3. Change in Wellness: The next aspect is seeking protection from a change in the wellness that Allah has provided. It acknowledges the fragility of human health and the desire to maintain the well-being and vitality that Allah has granted.
4. Sudden Act of Vengeance: This part of the dua acknowledges Allah’s authority and justice. It seeks refuge from His sudden act of vengeance, recognizing that Allah’s retribution can be swift and decisive for those who disobey Him.
5. All Things Displeasing to You: The dua concludes with a comprehensive request for protection from all things displeasing to Allah. This reflects the believer’s desire to avoid anything that may incur Allah’s displeasure, which encompasses a wide range of actions and situations.
6. Humility and Submission: Throughout the dua, there is an underlying theme of humility and submission to Allah’s will. It serves as a reminder of the believer’s constant reliance on Allah and their acknowledgement of His power, mercy, and judgment.
7. Reflecting on Blessings: The dua prompts believers to reflect on the blessings they have received from Allah and express gratitude for these blessings. It also encourages self-awareness and the importance of safeguarding these blessings.
8. Awareness of Consequences: By seeking protection from a sudden act of vengeance and all displeasing things, the dua reminds believers of the consequences of their actions and choices in this world and the Hereafter.
9. Comprehensive Protection: The dua’s comprehensiveness ensures that the believer is safeguarded not only from specific troubles but also from unforeseen challenges and pitfalls that may arise in life.
10. Connection: Ultimately, this dua is a powerful tool for believers to strengthen their connection with Allah, seek His protection, and express their devotion and trust in His wisdom.
This beautiful dua serves as a reminder of the importance of constantly seeking Allah’s protection and guidance in all aspects of life and recognizing His supreme authority and mercy.