Allahumma anfani bima allamtani is a supplication for seeking increase in beneficial knowledge and deeds. There are many authentic dua for increase in knowledge in Quran and Sunnah such as Rabbi Zidni Ilma.
Let’s learn the meaning of this beautiful dua.
Allahumma Anfani Bima Allamtani Meaning
Allahumma anfani bima allamtani means O Allah benefit me with that which You have taught me and teach me that which will benefit me and increase me in knowledge.
Allahumma Anfani Bima In Arabic Text
اللَّهُمَّ انْفَعْنِي بِمَا عَلَّمْتَنِي وَعَلِّمْنِي مَا يَنْفَعُنِي وَزِدْنِي عِلْمًا
Allahumman fa’ni bima ‘allamtani wa ‘allimni ma yanfa’uni wa zidni ‘ilma.
Hadith on Allahumma Anfani
Imam IBN Maajah recorded this Dua in his Sunan Ibn Majah, Hadith number 251, under the chapter of gaining benefit from knowledge and acting in accordance with it.
It was narrated that Abu Hurairah said: “The Messenger of Allah used to say:
‘Allahummanfa’ni bima ‘allamtani, wa ‘allimnima yanfa’uni, wa zidni ‘ilman. Wal-hamdu Lillahi ‘ala kulli hal.
[O Allah, benefit me by that which You have taught me, and teach me that which will benefit me, and increase my knowledge. Praise is to Allah in all circumstances].'”Sunan Ibn Majah 251
This Dua consist of all-encompassing related to knowledge. It consists of four sentences or parts, three of which are in fulfillment of this great demand and the great purpose of knowledge.
O Allah benefit me with that which You have taught me means I ask you, O Allah, to benefit from what I learn from the beneficial knowledge.
And to work according to it purely for Your sake, not to benefit from it for worldly purposes, adornment, hypocrisy and reputation.
The purpose of beneficial knowledge is to worship Allah with the correct actions both physically and spiritually.
Teach me that which will benefit me means seeking the Help of Allah to bestow upon you beneficial knowledge.
This knowledge is the knowledge of Sharia which will make you understand your religion like knowing the beautiful Names and Attributes of Allah.
Benefits Of the Dua
Certainly! Here’s a listicle breaking down the beautiful dua for seeking an increase in beneficial knowledge and deeds, including details about its meaning and significance:
- Introduction to the Dua:
- This dua is a heartfelt supplication to Allah for an increase in beneficial knowledge and good deeds.
- “O Allah”:
- The dua begins by addressing Allah emphasizing a direct connection and communication with the Creator.
- “Benefit me with that which You have taught me”:
- This part acknowledges that all knowledge and wisdom come from Allah.
- It’s a request for the practical application of the knowledge that has already been acquired, asking for guidance in using it effectively.
- “Teach me that which will benefit me”:
- This phrase expresses humility and a recognition of one’s limited understanding.
- It’s a request for continuous learning and the acquisition of new knowledge that is beneficial for one’s spiritual and worldly life.
- “Increase me in knowledge”:
- This part of the dua seeks an increase in knowledge, wisdom, and understanding.
- Significance of the Dua:
- This dua emphasizes the importance of beneficial knowledge and its application in one’s life.
- It recognizes the source of all knowledge as Allah and seeks His guidance in acquiring and utilizing it effectively.
- Application in Daily Life:
- Muslims should often recite this dua before studying, attending classes, or embarking on any endeavor that requires knowledge and understanding.
- It serves as a reminder of the importance of seeking knowledge and wisdom in all aspects of life.
- A Prayer for Wisdom and Virtue:
- Ultimately, this dua is a beautiful prayer for seeking not only intellectual knowledge but also the wisdom to use it for the betterment of oneself and others, aiming for a virtuous and enlightened life.