Have you ever come across the Dua ‘allahummahdini wa saddidni‘ and wondered about its meaning and significance? Its words are simple, yet its meaning is profound, carrying a deep significance.
Alee bin Abee Taalib – may Allah be pleased with him, narrated that the Prophet SAW ordered him to say this powerful Dua for asking guidance.
In this blog, we’ll delve into the meaning of this powerful supplication and explore how it can be written in Arabic text.
Allahummahdini Wa Saddidni Meaning In English
Allahumma dini wa saddidni means O Allah! Direct me to the Right Path and make me adhere to the Straight Path.
Allahumma dini Wa Saddidni in Arabic
اللَّهُمَّ اهْدِنِي وَسَدِّدْنِ
The dua is transliterated as: “Allahumma-hdini wa saddidni.“
Another narration of Dua for asking guidance is: O Allah I ask you for guidance and uprightness.
اللَّهمَّ إنِّي أسْألُكَ الهُدَى والسَّدَادَ
Allahumma inni as’aluk-alhuda was-sadad.
Breakdown of the Dua
The Dua begins with the word ‘Allahumma,’ which is an invocation to Allah, the Most Merciful and Compassionate. It is a humble call for guidance and support from the Almighty.
‘Ihdinii‘ means “guide me.” In this part of the Dua, the believer is beseeching Allah to show them the right path, to guide them in their journey, and to lead them towards righteousness.
‘Saddidnii‘ means “make me steadfast” or “rectify me.” This part of the Dua reflects the desire for moral rectitude, steadfastness in faith, and the strength to resist temptations and distractions.
More Related Posts:
- Allahumma Anfani Bima Allamtani
- Allahumma Inni As Aluka Minal Khairi Kullihi
- Allahumma Barik Meaning in English, Arabic Text, and Hadith
Ali RA reported: The Messenger of Allah SAW said to me, “Recite: ‘ Allahumma-hdini wa saddidni (O Allah! Direct me to the Right Path and make me adhere to the Straight Path).”
Another narration is: ‘ Allahumma inni as’aluk-alhuda was-sadad (O Allah I ask you for guidance and uprightness).” or).”[Muslim 2725]
Guidance means a person being on the right path in his words, actions and belief, adhering to that which is correct and avoiding wrongs.
Allah – the most High – said:
“O you who believe! Keep your duty to Allah and fear Him, and say (always) the truth” that is, that which is right “He will direct you to do righteous good deeds and will forgive you your sins…”(Surah 33:70-71)
Qawlan Sadeedah means correctness in speech. Allah mentions two great benefits of an upright word:
- The first: Upright actions, and
- the second: forgiveness of sins.
Therefore, a person should ask Allah for the contents of this supplication: Allahumma inni as-alukal-hudaa was- sadaad (O Allah I ask you for guidance and uprightness).” or Allahumma- hdini wa saddidnee (O Allah! Direct me to the right path and make me adhere to the straight path). And the meaning is the same.
Benefits Of The Dua
Here’s a list of the benefits of reciting the dua: “O Allah! Direct me to the Right Path and make me adhere to the Straight Path.”
- Guidance: This dua seeks guidance from Allah, the source of all wisdom, helping individuals make righteous decisions in their lives.
- Clarity: It provides clarity by asking for the right path, helping individuals distinguish between right and wrong.
- Steadfastness: The dua asks for the strength to adhere to the Straight Path, promoting consistency in one’s faith and actions.
- Protection from Straying: It serves as a shield against deviation, helping believers stay focused on their spiritual journey.
- Spiritual Growth: Reciting this dua encourages personal growth by fostering self-reflection and a commitment to improving one’s relationship with Allah.
- Humbling the Self: It humbles the individual by acknowledging human frailty and the need for divine assistance.
- Enhanced Faith: The dua strengthens one’s faith and connection with Allah, deepening their spiritual bond.
- Positive Life Choices: It encourages making virtuous decisions and living a life of integrity and righteousness.
- Peace of Mind: Seeking Allah’s guidance and adhering to the Straight Path can bring inner peace and contentment.
- Consistency in Worship: The dua helps maintain consistency in acts of worship.
- Protection from Sin: It acts as a shield against sin, promoting a life free from actions that distance one from Allah.
- Greater Confidence: Knowing that Allah is guiding and supporting them, individuals can face life’s challenges with greater confidence.
- A Sense of Purpose: Reciting this dua reminds individuals of their purpose in life, which is to worship Allah and seek His pleasure.
- Hope and Optimism: The dua instills hope and optimism in one’s heart, knowing that Allah’s guidance is always available.
- Resilience: It enhances one’s ability to withstand temptations and difficulties, as they are guided by a higher purpose.
In summary, the benefits of reciting this dua are numerous, encompassing spiritual growth, guidance, and a steadfast commitment to living a virtuous and purposeful life in accordance with Islamic principles.