Allahumma inni a’uzu bika minal barasi is an authentic yet simple dua for protection against evil diseases. Here, you will learn the meaning and benefits of this supplication.
Allahumma Inni A Uzu Bika Minal Barasi Meaning In English
Allahumma Inni A Uzu Bika Minal Baras means O Allah! I seek refuge in You from leucoderma, insanity, leprosy and evil diseases.
Allahumma Inni at’uzu Bika Minal Barasi in Arabic
Below is how to write this short Dua in Arabic text.
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْبَرَصِ، وَالْجُنُونِ، وَالْجُذَامِ، وَمِنْ سَيِّئِ الأَسْقَامِ
Allahumma inni audhu bika minal barasi, wal jununi, walnjudhami, wa min sayyi’il asqami.
Hadith Related To Allahumma Inni A’uzu Bika Minal Baras
Anas reported: The Prophet SAW used to supplicate: Allahumma inni audhu bika minal-barasi, wal-jununi, wal-judhami, wa sayyi’il-asqami (O Allah! I seek refuge in You from leucoderma, insanity, leprosy and evil diseases).”
- Allahummahdini Wa Saddidni Meaning
- Allahumma Malikul Mulk Dua
- Allahumma Inni As’aluka Min Fadlik Meaning
Meaning Of Allahumma Inni A’uzu Bika Minal Barasi
The Messenger of Allah SAW would seek refuge with Allah from leukoderma, insanity, leprosy and evil diseases. These are all examples of disease of the body and senses.
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) seeks refuge in Allah from certain ailments in this Hadith.
When Allah’s Messenger (may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him) takes refuge in Allah from them, it signifies they are extremely harmful and have a negative impact.
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) sought Allah’s protection from a number of specific diseases, then asked Allah to keep him healthy and free from all evil and harmful diseases in general.
This supplication includes a specific and detailed part followed by a general and comprehensive part.
- Leprosy is a disease that afflicts human limbs. Although, it usually starts from the limbs, it could spread to afflict other body parts- we ask Allah for well-being.
Thus, scholars say it is not permissible for people with leprosy to mix with people.
It is duty bound on the ruler to place them in a restricted area; this is known today among people as quarantine or lepers’ colony.
This is because leprosy is one the most horrible type of contagious diseases as it travels like wind, we ask Allah for well-being.
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) sought refuge in Allah from leucoderma, a disease characterised by white patches on the skin that causes people to turn and flee from those who have it.
This makes man feel alienated and dissatisfied, which Allah forbids.
- Insanity refers to the disappearance of one’s mind.
The mind is what qualifies one for religious work, and it is through it that one worships Allah, as well as ponders and reflects on Allah’s creation and holy Speech.
For this reason, the Prophet (may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him) said: “There are three (kinds of people) whose actions are not recorded: (one of them is) and the insane until his mind is back.
- Leprosy is a disease that eats away at one’s organs till they fall off. It is a contagious sickness, which is why another Hadith mentions it: “Flee from the leprosy like a lion would.”
- And evil diseases: It includes all bad ailments as well as what is known today as cancer, we ask Allah for wellbeing.
Evil and horrible diseases, such as cancer, blindness, and paralysis, are limitations that make one feel despised and rejected in society. This is because these diseases are serious and require a large sum of money to treat.
They also require a tremendous deal of patience, which can only be demonstrated by those to whom Allah, the Almighty, has granted patience and strengthened their hearts.
Indeed, cancer is one of the worst ailments.
It is important for one to adhere to the like of these hadeeths, and imitate the Prophet SAW regarding them.
This Hadith shows the greatness of Islam that protects the Muslim’s religion and cares for his body.
Benefits Of The Dua
Reciting the dua seeking refuge from leucoderma, insanity, leprosy, and evil diseases carries several benefits for individuals who include it in their prayers and supplications. Here’s a list of some of the potential benefits:
- Spiritual Connection: This dua helps individuals establish and strengthen their connection with Allah. It serves as a reminder of one’s dependence on a higher power and encourages a deeper sense of spirituality.
- Protection from Afflictions: The primary benefit is seeking protection from specific afflictions such as leucoderma, insanity, leprosy, and other diseases. Believers find comfort in knowing that they have asked for divine safeguarding against these hardships.
- Mental Peace: Reciting this dua can bring mental peace and tranquility. It eases worries about health-related issues and fosters a sense of trust in Allah’s plan.
- Relief from Anxiety: Many individuals experience anxiety and fear related to health concerns. This supplication offers relief from such anxieties by entrusting the worries to Allah.
- Gratitude and Humility: The dua reminds individuals to be grateful for their well-being and acknowledge their vulnerability. This gratitude fosters humility and a sense of contentment.
- Strengthened Faith: Regular recitation of this dua can help individuals strengthen their faith and trust in Allah’s divine wisdom and protection.
- Consolation in Times of Suffering: For those already affected by health issues, the dua can provide a source of consolation and hope, encouraging them to endure their difficulties with patience and faith.
- Positive Mindset: Believers reciting this dua may develop a positive mindset, focusing on the healing and protective aspects of their faith rather than dwelling on their fears and concerns.
- Coping Mechanism: For those facing chronic illnesses or dealing with the challenges of mental health, this dua can act as a valuable coping mechanism, helping them navigate their difficulties with faith and resilience.
- Hope and Encouragement: Above all, this supplication provides hope and encouragement to individuals, instilling a sense of optimism and trust in Allah’s plan.
Allah Alone grants success.