Rabbana zalamna anfusana is a Dua from Surah Al A’raf verse 23. It is a supplication that Adam (AS) and his wife recited after sinning in paradise. That means is a prayer for repentance.
Rabbana Zalamna Anfusana Dua In Arabic Text
The Arabic text of Rabbana zalamna is written as
رَبَّنَا ظَلَمْنَآ أَنفُسَنَا وَإِن لَّمْ تَغْفِرْ لَنَا وَتَرْحَمْنَا لَنَكُونَنَّ مِنَ ٱلْخَٰسِرِينَ
Rabbanaa zalamnaaa anfusanaa wa illam taghfir lanaa wa tarhamnaa lanakoonanna minal khaasireen.
Rabbana Zalamna Anfusana English Translation
The translation of Rabbana zalamna in English is Our Lord, we have wronged ourselves. If You do not forgive us and have mercy on us, we will certainly be among the losers.
Rabbana Zalamna Anfusana Meaning
The meaning of rabbana Zalamna Dua is Our Lord, we have wronged ourselves. If You do not forgive us and have mercy on us, we will certainly be among the losers means, we have committed the sin that You told us not to, and we have harmed ourselves by committing sin.
We have done that which will incur loss, unless You forgive us by erasing the sin and cancelling the punishment, have mercy on us by accepting our repentance and pardon us for such errors.
So Allah forgave them for that:
…Adam disobeyed his Lord, and fell into error. Then his Lord brought him close, accepted his repentance, and guided him.Surah Ta Ha 20: 121-122
However, Iblees continued his transgression and did not give up his disobedience.
Whoever follows the example of Adam by admitting his sin, asking for forgiveness, regretting it and giving it up, if he commits a sin, his Lord will draw him near and guide him.
But whoever follows the example of Iblees by carrying on, if he commits a sin, and continuing to increase it, will only go further away from Allah.
Rabbana Zalamna Anfusana Benefits
Reciting this dua has many benefits.
- Get Allah SWT’s love
- A form of obedience to Allah SWT
- Get Allah forgiveness and His blessings
- Our good deeds will be accepted by Allah SWT
- Can replace badness with goodness
- Get Dua from angels
- Prevent punishment and torment
- A way to enter the Heaven, Repentance is a way to enter the Heaven and it can save us from a fiery hell.
- Get fortunes, If we repent, we will get some fortunes.
- Purify the heart Get faithful and a big reward
- Increase Rizq (provision), By repenting and asking forgiveness from Allah SWT, will expedite our rizq
We ask Allah to forgive our sins and protect us from avoiding and repeating same mistakes.