Here is Arabic text, transliteration and translation or meaning of surah Al An Am ayat 162 163.
Surah Al-An’am Ayat 162-163 In Arabic Text
- قُلْ إِنَّ صَلَاتِى وَنُسُكِى وَمَحْيَاىَ وَمَمَاتِى لِلَّهِ رَبِّ ٱلْعَـٰلَمِينَ.
- لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُۥ ۖ وَبِذَٰلِكَ أُمِرْتُ وَأَنَا۠ أَوَّلُ ٱلْمُسْلِمِينَ
- Qul inna Salaatee wa nusukee wa mahyaaya wa mamaatee lillaahi Rabbil ‘aalameen.
- Laa shareeka lahoo wa bizaalika umirtu wa ana awwalul muslimeen
English Translation Of Surah Al An Am ayat 162 163
Here you can read various translations of verses 162 and 163.
- Say, “Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah, Lord of the worlds.
- No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first [among you] of the Muslims.”
- Say: “Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds:
- No partner hath He: this am I commanded, and I am the first of those who bow to His will.
Abul Ala Maududi
- Say: ‘Surely my Prayer, all my acts of worship, and my living and my dying are for Allah alone, the Lord of the whole universe.
- He has no associate. Thus have I been bidden, and I am the foremost of those who submit themselves (to Allah).`
- Say (O Muhammad SAW): “Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the ‘Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).
- “He has no partner. And of this I have been commanded, and I am the first of the Muslims.”
- Say: Lo! my worship and my sacrifice and my living and my dying are for Allah, Lord of the Worlds.
- He hath no partner. This am I commanded, and I am first of those who surrender (unto Him).
- Say, “Surely my prayer, and my rites, and my living, and my dying are for Allah, The Lord of the worlds.”
- No associate has He; and this I am commanded, and I am the first of the Muslims.” (Literally: of the ones who have surrendered to Allah).
- Say, ‘My prayers and sacrifice, my life and death, are all for God, Lord of all the Worlds;
- He has no partner. This is what I am commanded, and I am the first to devote myself to Him.’
Explanation Of These Verses By Sa’di
Allah singles out for mention the noblest acts of worship, as He says: Say: Verily my prayer, my sacrifice this is because of the virtue of these two acts of worship and what they imply of loving Allah, devoting worship sincerely to Him alone and drawing closer to Him in one’s heart and by means of one’s words and actions.
Sacrifice means giving up what one loves of wealth or property for that which is dearer to one, namely Allah.
If a person is sincere in his prayer and sacrifice, he will inevitably be sincere towards Allah in all his deeds.
My living and my dying that is, whatever I do in my life and whatever Allah decrees should happen to me, and what He decrees for me at the time of my death, all of that is for Allah, the Lord of the worlds; No partner has He in worship, just as He has no partner in sovereignty and control.
This sincerity towards Allah is not something that I have made up by myself; rather (Thus I am commanded it is enjoined upon me and I have no choice but to comply and I am the first of those who submit to Allah [in Islam]) of this Ummah.